On this page, you will find the following information:
- Content (not) copied
- Course Information
- How to check and activate your course
- Möbius and Maple TA
- Brightspace Support contact information
Please note that content has not been copied for all faculties:
- The course content of last year’s course has not been copied if your course belongs to the following faculties:
- Applied Sciences;
- Architecture and the Built Environment;
- Industrial Design Engineering.
- Please note: If you belong to one of these faculties and used Maple TA last year, we did copy the course content for you. Make sure you read the information on Möbius and MapleTA for this academic year
- For information on how to copy course content yourself, please view the how to copy content page.
- If content was copied to your course by accident, please contact Brightspace Support.
If your course received a course copy, please note that all course content from last year was copied except for the elements listed below.
Content NOT copied:
- Text added to Overview. It is not possible to copy this automatically. If you wish to have the text there, you can simply copy-paste it from the old to the new course.
When the Overview section is left empty, this feature will not show up for students.
- Student data, such as enrollments, grades and submitted quizzes, surveys and assignments.
- Instructors and Course Managers.
- All links to Maple TA homework, including any grade items associated with these.
- All courses contain the standard Course Information structure.
- Each section within Course Information contains a link that loads information directly from the StudyGuide. Updates to the StudyGuide need to be made when information is incorrect.
- Any information added to Course Information in your old course, has been copied to your new course and this information has been set to ‘hidden’.
- It is possible to add specific information in each sub-module of Course Information, and Templates were created to make this easier.
All courses are set to inactive by default. Inactive courses do not show in the Course Catalog and are not available for self-enrollment.
All modules within your course, except the Course Information module, have been set to Hidden. This gives you the chance to review, correct and change content before giving students access to your course.
Please check the following items in your course:
- Course Information module (when information is incorrect, please follow these instructions).
- Content, Discussion Forums, Assignments.
- Any (direct) links in your content. This can be links to websites, internal links to Assignments, links to files stored in Course files, links from Assignments to Grade items, etc.
- Gradebook and Rubrics.
- Request access to any External Learning Tools that you will use this year and are not yet available in your course.
- Check any dates that might be set on Release Conditions in Content, Assignments, Quizzes, etc. You can also use the Manage Dates Tool to do this.
- Connect all (new) Mobius homework (see more information on Mobius and Maple TA below).
To finalise your course:
- Change content meant for students from Draft to Published.
- Activate your course so it becomes visible for students in the Course Catalog.
- Most courses, except for those of the faculty of IDE, are listed in the Course Catalog for self-enrollment. If you wish to have different settings, please contact Brightspace Support.
- Course Managers can add other Course Managers or Instructors.
On 20 July 2020, MapleTA was upgraded to Möbius. While the name has changed, the functionalities are still the same. Möbius contains a copy of the entire MapleTA database, so all previously created content in MapleTA is available in Möbius. MapleTA will remain available in in Brightspace courses that previously used it and in new 2020/21 courses only Mobius is available.
If you used Maple TA last year, new module called Links to Möbius Classes is placed in your new course. This module contains two links to Möbius:
- Möbius Question Bank
This is where you primarily manage your questions (some instructors also create assignments here).
- Möbius Year Class 2020-2021
This is the NEW class from which you need to link your assignments/tests to your Brightspace course. This way, your students’ results are registered in this Möbius class.
All old Maple TA links were removed from your new Brightspace course as they link to last year’s class instead of this year’s class. You have to place the new links to Möbius assignments in your Brightspace course yourself to make them available for students.
If you want to use Möbius, and have not done so yet in previous years, please contact Brightspace Support.
Q: I do not see my new course listed under MyCourses on Brightspace. Where is it?
A: Course Managers and/or Instructors are added automatically to a Brightspace course based on information registered in Osiris. However, there are a number of reasons why your courses are not visible to you. Please contact Brightspace Support if you have any questions.
Q: Why is there no content visible in my new course?
A: Content of last year’s course was not copied if your course belongs to the faculty of Applied Sciences, Architecture and the Built Environment, or Industrial Design Engineering. Please view the Support Website on how to copy content yourself. If you would like the Support Team to copy it for you, please send an email with the course code, course quarter and course name to Brightspace@tudelft.nl.
Q: I did not ask for a course copy, yet I see content in my new course. Can you remove it?
A: Yes, the Support team can delete all content for you. Please send an email to Brightspace@tudelft.nl with your course code and course name.
Q: A tool looks different from when I used it last time. What happened?
A: Brightspace tools are continuously updated and you can find an overview of what is new under the News section on the Support Website.
To check our complete contact details, please go to this page.