The grading possibilities include:
- Entering Grades directly – Enter grades using the Brightspace grade center
- Using Formulas – Enter grades with a formula to calculate the final grade
- Exporting and Importing Grades – Enter grades from a spreadsheet if you prefer working in Excel
The locked Name column /header row will not be active when using a small screen space such as a mobile device.
- Click on Grades and go to Enter Grades.
- Choose your grade entry view by switching between Spreadsheet view and Standard view and enter your grades by filling in the students grade for each item.
- In Spreadsheet view the entry is much like a spreadsheet. There are empty cells that you can enter the grades into. You can do this for multiple grades, for multiple students, for multiple columns, in one go.
- In Standard view you can click on the name of the student, and fill in the grades across all the columns of the gradebook. You can also add comments. These comments are shown as feedback to the student, whereas private comments seen by people with grading access.
- Save your grades by clicking the Save button.
If you click the Back button, or another link in the site, you can lose all the edits you have just made. So click on the Save button regularly while using this view.
- (optional) Grade all students at once for one grade item by clicking on the drop down arrow next to the grade item and choosing Grade All.
- (optional) Click on Preview to view the grades to see what a student taking the course will see.
- Click on Save and Close to finish.
To modify or add grades for multiple students, click on Save, and use the arrow buttons at the top to navigate between students in the classlist.
- (optional) To add feedback go to Assignments.
After clicking Assignments, click the specific assignment and then click the submitted document per student. There, you will find the feedback area.
- Click on Grades and go to Settings.
- Go to the Calculation Options tab and select Formula under the heading Grading System.
3. Click on Save and once the changes have been saved click on Close.
4. Click on Grades and go to Manage Grades.
5. Choose either:
- Expand the “Final Calculated Grade” item using the dropdown menu and select Edit Grade Item.
- Create a new Calculated Grade by click on New and then Item and choose Formula.
6. Below “Grading” click on Edit Using the Formula Editor to define the Points Received.
7. Type your formula in the space provided and click on Insert.
You can also download an additional file which gives an overview of some of the options that you can use along with few examples.