Instant notifications is the easiest way to keep up to date with all course related communications.
To learn more about how to use and customize your notification settings click the + next to the option you want to read.
- Click on your name at the top right-hand of the page and then select Notifications to customize the type of notifications you will receive, their frequency, and to choose a preferred contact email.
- You can also exclude some courses from any settings that you choose on this page.
New notifications will be indicated with an orange dot on the Notifications’ icon on Brightspace website.
You can choose to be notified about course announcements, new content, feedback, assignments, updates on feedback, grades being released, and receive warnings 2 days prior to assignment and quiz due dates. The following image gives an example:
We advise you to select the following notification settings:
- Announcements – Announcement updated
- Announcements – New Announcement available
- Assignments – Assignment feedback released
- Assignments – Assignment due date or end date is 2 days away
- Assignments –Assignment feedback updated
- Content – Content item created
- Content – Content item updated
- Grades – grade item released
- Grades – grade item updated
To make sure you are notified when new messages are added to the discussion forum, please follow these instructions:
- Update your Notification settings;
- Subscribe the Discussion Forum – in the example described below: ‘Q&A Forum’ – and all related topics and threads;
Let us look at the process in more detail.
Step 1: Update your Notification settings:
Navigate to your Notifications Settings.
Step 2: Subscribe the Discussion Forum – in this example: ‘Q&A Forum’ – and all related topics:
Go to Discussions.
Scroll down to – in this example: ‘Q&A Forum’ – and Subscribe this Forum by clicking the arrow and selecting Subscribe. A new window opens, select ‘Send me an instant notification’.
Scroll down to any existing threads and
Subscribe to this Topic. A new window opens and click
Subscribe. You will now start receiving notifications for that topic.