When you create groups it is also possible to create a locker.
A locker is a digital storage, similar to Dropbox or Google Drive, where students can share files with each other, and store them. In the locker, files can be uploaded, new files can be created, folders can be created, and the group members within that locker can be emailed.
You can add the locker setting, while you create the groups, or you can do so after you created them. If you are the instructor or coach, you can always access the locker of any group, and also share files with that group in that way. Students from one group cannot have access to files from another group.
- Select Groups from the navigation bar.
- Click on the dropdown next to the group’s category name, and then click on Edit Category.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page, and there you see Setup Lockers.
- Select the checkbox, and then click on Save.
If we were setting groups from the very beginning, this option was available as part of the set up procedure.
Once you have set up the lockers, let’s try to access them now, as the instructor.
- Click on Groups, and then go to the category you wish to view.
- There you will see listed the names of all the groups, and you can access all their lockers individually, by clicking on the link to go into it.
For students, this will appear the same, but they will only see their own group, of course. Instructors see all the groups.
How to use this to improve your course
Use lockers to legally share documents between your group members, for example journal articles, and so forth. These might be necessary for the groups to complete group assignments, workshops or other activities in your course.